Thou shalt always take care of the scalp
The scalp includes hair follicles, sebaceous glands, connective tissue etc. It is extremely important to take care of it otherwise we may face scalp imbalance issues. These scalp imbalances translate into dandruff, oily scalp, falling hair etc. A healthy scalp results in better hair quality.
In order to take care of the scalp, one should:
- Exfoliate the scalp
- Use the right shampoo as per the scalp type
- Apply a scalp tonic
Thou shalt always take care of the hair
Like our skin, our hair also requires regular cleansing and conditioning. A mane that’s well taken care of does not lose its natural shine, movement and volume. Here’s what you need to do in order to take care of your hair.
- Get your scalp checked and ask a professional hair stylist for product recommendations as they will guide you to something that is perfectly tailored to your kind of hair. For instance, coloured, rebonded, frizzy, dry and oily hair all require different products and regimes. So, professional products are your best bet.
- Use at least one styling product as it protects against harmful UV rays, frizz, dryness and heat. These styling and finishing products are again made for different hair types.
- After washing, towel dry your hair. If you intend to use a hair dryer, hair iron or any other heat tool, a heat protectant is mandatory. Najeeb personally recommends the Schwarzkopf Osis which takes care of the hair and is also great for styling purposes.
Thou shalt take special care of coloured hair
Hair colour can enhance facial features. If your skin is milky white, try shades of reds; if it’s wheatish, browns work well; and if the skin is dark, natural deep colours work best. In order to have better movement in your hair, try highlights along with your natural hair base. If the base is not even (in case of greys or different colours), use a global colour as a base before the highlights. It’s important that the hair should not look dry, uneven or dehydrated. You should also:
- Always use a colour which provides conditioning and caring. The latest technology is fibrebond in which the colour provides care and prevents the hair from becoming weak or dry.
- Always use a hair colour meant for coloured hair to retain and maintain the colour.
Thou shalt always maintain a healthy diet
Diet plays a very important role in keeping our scalp and hair healthy and so here’s what you need to consider.
- For healthy hair, a diet rich in iron, vitamins, minerals and proteins is considered to be the best. Include milk, green vegetables, eggs and white meat in your diet. Also, keep regular checks on your haemoglobin levels.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin) is the best to give strength to the roots. Use a root activating regime if you feel the hair is getting thinner or falling. Najeeb suggests the Root Activating Serum from BC Scalp Genesis which is ideal to arrest hair fall and maintain the overall growth of the hair.